What are cookies and what are they used for?
These are text files that are installed on your device when you visit a website. They are used to guarantee the quality, usability and correct functioning of websites, as well as to store and retrieve information about browsing habits and personalise their content, and can sometimes be used to recognise the user of a website.
What types of cookies exist?
Cookies can be classified into different types, according to different criteria:
- According to the entity that manages them:
- Own cookies: those that are sent to your computer or device from the website managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: these are sent to your computer or device from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor itself, but by another entity, which processes the information obtained through the cookies.
- Depending on the period of time they remain activated on your computer or device:
- Session cookies: these are designed to collect and store information only for the duration of your visit to the website and disappear at the end of the session.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies store user information for a longer period of time, which can be accessed and processed by the party responsible for each cookie during that period. This period varies according to each cookie and can range from a few minutes to several years.
- According to their purpose:
- Preference or personalization cookies: these are cookies that allow information to be remembered, so that you can access the Website, with characteristics that may differentiate your experience from those of other users, such as, for example, the appearance or content of the Website, which may vary depending on the type of browser you use.
- Analysis or measurement cookies: these are cookies that allow the number of users and their connection time to be quantified, with the aim of measuring and statistically analysing their use of the services offered.
- Advertising cookies: these are those that allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, have been included on the Website.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: are those that allow the effective management of advertising spaces that may have been included on the Website, through the storage of information on your behaviour, obtained thanks to the continuous observation of your browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on the same.
What cookies do we use on the Marketplace?
Below, we explain which cookies we use on this Website and for what purpose we do so. We also detail the characteristics of each one of them.
|Cookie||Type and Supplier||Purpose||Duration|
|PHPSESSID||Technical and necessary - Marketplace||Session identification||Deleted when the browser is closed|
|pct_cookies||Technical and necessary - Marketplace||To know if the installation of cookies has been accepted||Expires 1 year after last update|
|device_view||Technical and necessary - Marketplace||To find out what type of device the user is using||Expires in 1 month|
|Cookie||Type and Supplier||Purpose||Duration|
|_ga||Analytic - Google analytics||To distinguish users||2 years|
|_ga_D6MBZSW29Q||Analytic - Google analytics||To distinguish users||2 years|
How can you configure cookies?
Cookies configuration panel
Our cookies configuration panel allows you to manage the installation of cookies, as well as to refuse their use or withdraw any consent you have already given, at any time and as many times as you wish.
Please note that if you accept third-party cookies and subsequently wish to delete them, you will need to do so via your browser's cookie management options, as explained in the following section.
Please note that if you reject all cookies, it is possible that some basic functions of the website may be affected.
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer at any time using the customization options offered by the browser you use. Please note that if you disable all cookies, some functionalities or content of the Website may be affected and, therefore, the quality of your web experience may be diminished.
Here's how to do this:
- If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer: click on the Tools button in Internet Explorer, then click on Internet Options > Privacy > Settings > OK. More information here.
- If you use Firefox: click on the Firefox button and select Options > Privacy > Use custom settings for history > Check the Accept cookies option to enable cookies and uncheck it to disable them > Choose how long cookies will be stored > OK. More information here.
- If you use Chrome: click on the Chrome menu in the browser toolbar > Settings > Show advanced options > In the "Privacy" section, click on Content settings > In the "Cookies" section, you can configure cookies. More information here.
- If you use Safari: go to Preferences and, in the Privacy panel, choose Block Cookies, and select the option you prefer from those offered by the browser. More information here.
- If you use Opera: click on Settings > Options > Advanced > Cookies. More information here.
- If you use an iPhone or iPad: from the home screen, select Settings > Safari, and then select your preferred settings option. Find out more here.
- If you are using Android: tap Menu > Settings > Security & Privacy > check or uncheck the "Accept cookies" box > Restart the browser for the changes to take effect.
- If you are using Windows Phone: in Internet Explorer, tap More > Settings. You can also access Internet Explorer settings via Settings in the list of applications. Select or deselect the Allow cookies option.
Date of last update: 08 November 2021